Monday, July 27, 2009

Your Professional Personality Test: Your Desk

Monday, July 27, 2009
In surfing the web, er working, I stumbled across this article that says your desk says a lot about you. "That's absurd!" I thought. My curiosity, however, was piqued and the link began to call out to me... "click me...click me..." - so I did. I wasn't impressed with what I read at first, though thought it interesting that I have seen every one of those types of desks before (are we that cliche/unoriginal?). While I did not find my desk, per se, in the article, I did see a portion of my desk in the "Post It Note" desk. I now have to call my wife and see if she was a contributing author for that article (specifically the Post It Note desk because that sounds just like her describing me). Not only do I keep a slew of Post-It notes, but I now have a mini White Board and several "To-Do" Word Documents with various numbers or names.
Here's the problem with my desk of "To-Do's"... I never see them. Somehow my desk always seems to become an honorary bookshelf/file cabinet. No matter how many times I clean it off (or my wife cleans it off after waiting patiently and can no longer take looking at it) it always reverts back to what I now refer to as its "God-ordained purpose." Don't believe me? Take a look...


This was taken just a moment ago. As you can see, there are no post-it notes... at least none that are visible. Trust me, they are there under my library and files (probably a year old and of no use to me anymore, but there none-the-less). So, in its place I use our dining room table (which I am forced to clean every night for dinner) or sit on the couch and work with a stack of papers, books and a trusty homemade Mocha Frappaccino next to me.

So, I wonder what that says about me? Hmmmmm.... I don't think I want to know. I will say in my defense, though, I always get things done (and usually on time!)!

Parents and/or Professionals: Desk-personality tests and joking aside, our desks (and homes) do say a lot about us; however, nothing speaks louder than the person sitting behind the desk or the people living in the homes! Do people that work around us or visit our homes trust us to be people of faith and integrity? People of warmth and unconditional love? Or people that hide behind their desks or the walls of their homes... cold, uninviting and usually too busy to care and be involved in the lives of others?

Want to join the conversation? Click here to comment or ask a question!

______________

0 comments:

 
Christian the Christian (Christian Squared) ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates