Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ministry, Feminism, Carrie Prejean Fired, U.S. Politics, and more!

Thursday, June 11, 2009
Greetings C2 readers... as you have seen I have not been able to post anything in a couple days. With summer beginning and school letting out and an impending mission trip with my church my time has been quite limited. This blog is a passion of mine, but right now I've got to take a couple days or so to get things in order ministerially. Please pray for me and my church and our upcoming mission trip to New Mexico, for our youth ministry (summer is out and things are picking up speed; pray that we God do some amazing things in the lives of our youth and their families) and my family (we've had much go on in the last couple weeks).

There is much going on in the world and culture that I'd love to write about, but the time is not there for me to write full posts. So here are some snippets of things happening that have my attention:

  • The U.S. government looking to pass hate crime laws that will most likely be a stepping stone to hindering the speech of religion (all religions).
  • Carrie Prejean is fired for "dereliction of duties". Obviously I don't have a clue as to whether or not Carrie is doing her Ms. USA job or not, but it seems rather convenient. I'm curious if her firing now is what Donald Trump and the organization wanted to do before, but because of the intense media attention (and heated conversation about her marriage stance) they opted to retain her until later. Again, I have no idea, but this seems rather convenient.
  • lemondrop.com has released a list of TV's "Least Feminist" characters with Friends' Rachel Green (played by Jennifer Aniston) taking the top position, followed by Married with Children's Kelly Bundy (played by Christina Applegate). My brief take: Feminism is a sad movement, especially in our present day. It exists because of the failure of men to see and value women as God created them: valuable, honorable, cherishable, respectable and equal in worth. Unfortunately, many men do not hold them in such a high regard and the result is feminist groups attacking any sort of tradition. This list is somewhat comical, but the values and ideas behind the feminist opinion of what defines a woman ought to be examined seriously in light of the Creator's idea as to who women really are (men too, for that matter, because many of them aren't living up to their God-given role).
  • President Obama insulted Israel in a picture of him talking with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu with his feet on the desk (revealing the soles of his shoes). I completely understand the perception of the photo and the apparent insult, though I highly doubt President Obama intentionally set out to insult their nation or its leadership. What's funny to me is aol.com took a poll asking mostly American voters if the pic offended them. In the famous words of Gomer Pyle, "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise": 75% were not personally offended (of 321,000 or so votes). Of course they aren't offended, America is not offended by much (except Christianity - but that's another conversation). Silly poll question.
  • My wife and I watched the movie "He's Just NOT That Into You" last night. I plan to write a blog entry on this movie in the next couple days (I hope) and its worldview.
  • There are a slew of movie and television show franchises either being resurrected or rebooted in the next couple of years. I have some input as to why Hollywood is smart for going this way (after all, all they want to do is make money) and why movie goers are most likely gonna buy in... more on this when I post this.
That's all for now... I've got to get back to work. :-) More in the next couple days. Hopefully I will then get back to my regular daily posts. Until then...

Want to join the conversation? Click here to comment or ask a question!

___________________

0 comments:

 
Christian the Christian (Christian Squared) ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates