Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Hero Doesn't Wear Tights

Sunday, February 22, 2009
(This blog is not written by Christian, but Laura, his wife.  I wanted to write on the blog about my husband, and he does not know I am doing this - so if you see it now, and it's gone later, you'll know why.)

The word "superhero" brings many images to mind - the man flying through the air with a cape and tights, saving a herione (or the world) in distress.  Our hearts race as we watch this person with superhuman strength save the heroine (or the world) in the nick of time and we all say a collective "Whew" as the credits roll.
My superhero doesn't wear tights.  My superhero does save the "herione" (in this case, me) by being a man of God.  He has devoted himself to learning about the Bible, and not only reading about it but living it daily.  He makes his daily decisions based on  God and His word.  His actions are Godly, as well as his conversations and thoughts.  He has "saved" me by putting God first in his life with me and the children.  I don't have to worry about what kind of man he is - I know that his actions match his thoughts - he is who he says he is.  He treats our children with love and respect - bringing them up to be worshippers of the Lord Jesus Christ.  With every word, every consequence he gives, he is preparing them to be followers of Christ.  He also leads others in the path of God - giving them Godly advice and praying for them daily.
My superhero is someone I look up to and hope to be like one day.  He has encouraged me when I'm down, he has inspired me to be a better woman, mother and Christian.  He also spoils me rotten - by making sure that everyone knows that he loves his wife more than anyone else on this world.  He always asks the kids, "Who's my number one girl?" The kids answer, "mommy!" 
I can go on and on and on about what a wonderful guy he is and things he does for his family - like cook for us, bring me coffees at work, work at home for eight years so that we don't have to put our kids in daycare.  He puts himself to the side time and time again for the sake of his family.
I am writing this blog, not only to brag on my husband, but to encourage others to consider the importance of having a Godly influence in the home.  A true leader in the home and follower of Christ can make a difference on those around them.  They can be the true superheroes - those willing to dedicate everything they have to Christ and encourage others along with them.  The true superheroes know that we need to be "saved" from ourselves and what this world has to offer, and focus on the Jesus and what is above.
Laura (the wife)


1 comments:

Anonymous

Well said Laura. What a wonderful thing to say about your husband. Husbands should be superheros. Mine has saved me since the day we met. I don't believe that you have to love yourself before someone else can love you because he (my husband) loved me when I didn't love myself. He saved me in a big way. I will always tell my daughters to never settle for less than what they see in their dad.

 
Christian the Christian (Christian Squared) ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates